Here’s 5 Creative And Fun Ways To Stay Hydrated. I’ve never been a water drinker, truth is…I suck at it. I’m introducing some fun and creative ways to stay hydrated because this mama needs the nourishment. And, I’m surely not alone! Let’s just say that we need more agua in our lives.
The average person is supposed to drink 8 glasses of water per day but here’s the truth about staying hydrated; you can receive your water intake from other sources. I was talking to someone about drinking water and she mentioned that it was hard for her to swallow. And I couldn’t agree more. It’s so weird but true. For some of us, we avoid the consumption because it’s not a pleasant experience.
Creative Ways To Stay Hydrated Throughout The Day
- Add Lemons + Cucumbers To The Glass– I often add lemons to my water but now I’m on this cucumber kick. It’s so refreshing if you’ve never tried before. Each time I go to the grocery store I am sure to pick these up. Now remember that you have to slice and use them regularly to reap the benefits. Cut them up and place in a container for easier access.
- Drink Iced Tea– Sweetened or Unsweetened doesn’t matter, all that matters is that this beverage is considered a fast way to hydrate yourself and it quenches that thirst like whoa.
- Invest In A Water Filter– There’s a saying, “People who drink water know the difference between good and bad water!” We have a Pur water filter container in our fridge just because we go through so much water during the day. Especially at night.
How To Stay Well Hydrated
The one glass in the morning and one glass in the evening rule. I know that this has helped me tremendously over the years especially living in Southwest Florida. Getting dehydrated is no joke. If you have a full glass at the start of your day and the end of everyday you’re sure to rejuvenate the loss during the productive day.
- Drink Seltzer Water– My favorite is the lemon and lime flavor from Perrier. With that classic cocktail twist, Lime-flavored PERRIER® Carbonated Mineral Water fits your workout just as well as your highball. Citrus zing produces a crisply refreshing drink, with zero calories and zero sweeteners, that’s perfect for any situation. Born in the south of France, PERRIER Carbonated Mineral Water has delighted people worldwide for more than 150 years. It’s a delicious alternative to soft drinks and a sophisticated choice to satisfy your thirst.
- Opt For Minis– The mini bottles of water are easier to drink in my opinion. They provide enough to keep you moving throughout the day and will help your hydration needs. Plus, they don’t take up as much space as those bigger bottles.
Benefits Of Staying Hydrated
I remember when I was feeling really stiff and tense, I couldn’t figure out why I was waking so sore but then it dawned on me that I hadn’t barely drunk anything the entire week. True story. I had my coffee and some other not so healthy drinks, aka soda and my body just was not happy. That’s when I decided that I had to be more mindful of drinking water.
- Deflates Boating– I recently did the 15 minute challenge. It’s when you take a gallon of water and sit in a room close to a bathroom and start drinking the water straight from the bottle. I drank as much as I could, took a 60 second break and then proceeded to drink as much as I could until the 15 minute timer was up. It flushes your system out like no other. I felt so hydrated and minimally bloated while I was drinking it but the tummy was flat the next morning.
- Glowing Skin– I never realized how dry my skin was until I started drinking more water and noticed how soft and pretty my natural look was. At this point during the week I was barely applying lotions to my body because the water intake had increased and improved my skin in just a matter of days. And we live in Florida where the dryness is brutal.
- Flushes Toxins– I’m all about detoxing your body as well as your mind and soul. In drinking more water throughout the day we remove all the toxicity our bodies encounter. The weather, the environment, the things we eat all play a role in delivering bad things to us. The only way to remove them is by drinking water.
Increasing Water Intake For Healthy Lifestyle
There’s no better way to nourish our minds as well. It’s not talked about much but the more you drink, the more you think. Now don’t get me wrong, there absolutely is a limit and too much water can be damaging but the great thing about our bodies is that it knows when enough is enough.
What are some things you do to stay hydrated?